How to apply to become an Academic Visitor of the Nissan Institute
The Institute offers two types of membership which are listed below. Please make it clear in your application which type of membership you would like to be considered for.
Nissan Associate Member
The purpose of this invitation is to enable the visitor to conduct their own research and/or act in the capacity of an adviser to the Institute while being attached to the Nissan, and to interact with the Faculty and graduate students of the Institute, members of St. Antony’s College and the University.
The associate membership will qualify them to use the University libraries, including the Bodleian Japanese Library and you will be issued with a university card and email account for the duration of their stay.
There is no College attachment.
This invitation does not imply any financial commitment on our part.
Academic Visitor of St. Antony’s College
The purpose of this invitation is to enable the visitor to conduct their own research while being attached to this Institute, and to interact with the Faculty and graduate students of the Institute, members of St. Antony’s College and the University.
There is a fee payable to the College which for 2018/2019 is roughly £3,276.00 per academic year.
Membership of the College entitles you to:
- Catering facilities of the College and attend High Table
- You are invited to the Senior Members Dinner held once a term
- You have access to the Combined Common Room and Senior Common Room
- You may bring guests into College
- You are issued with a university card and email account for the duration of your stay
- You may access the University and College wireless networks and are entitled to assistance from the IT Office in linking up your own computer equipment. You may also use the University’s IT Services Help Centre and access IT services courses
- You have full access to the College Library
- You have a Pigeon hole in the Lodge
- Academic Visitors can access University libraries and may borrow books from non-reference libraries.
- This invitation does not imply any financial commitment on our part.
- a letter of application giving the dates you wish to come of Oxford
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- a research proposal
- a copy of a recent academic paper (in English or Japanese) if available
The above information should be addressed to the Director of the Institute and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in your letter of application please state whether you wish to be considered for workspace and accommodation.
Applications are considered once a term at the meeting of the Management Committee of the Nissan Institute. You will be notified in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
The University has three terms, called Michaelmas (October-December), Hilary (January-March) and Trinity (April-June). Each term lasts eight weeks.