Current Academic Visitors
At any one time there are between two and five visiting research fellows working in the Nissan Institute. Most of them are scholars taking sabbatical leave from their universities either in Japan or North America. While they do not take part in any of the formal teaching programmes they attend the research seminars and contribute to those discussions. They are available for consultation by members of the graduate community.
During 2018 - 2019 we expect to have with us:
- Mr Stephen McEnally, former Chief Executive, The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation from 1st July 2018 for 3 years
- Professor Roger Buckley
- Professor Guirong Mao, Department of Political Science, Meiji University from 24th March 2018 to 31st March 2019
- Professor Mika Toyota, College of Tourism, Rikkyo University from July 2018 to August 2019
- Professor Tetsuya Yamada, Hitotsubashi University from 20th September 2018 to 19th September 2019
- Professor Leonard J. Schoppa, Woodrow Wilson Department of Politics, University of Virginia from 25th September 2018 to 30th June 2019
- Professor Keisuke Abe, Seikei University Faculty of Law from 13th September 2018 to 30th September 2019
- Professor Harumi Goto-Shibata, Professor, Department of Advanced Social and International Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo from 1st October 2018 to 30th September 2019
- Assoc. Professor Kenneth McElwain, Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo from January to June 2019
Click here for more information about our current academic visitors.